Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I Hate Fitness

Yes, I hate fitness. Now don't me wrong, I do maintain an overtly active lifestyle just so I can participate in the activities I want to do. What I particularly do not like about fitness is the mindless pursuit of building up non-functional muscles; basically, fitness today is mostly about "look-at-me" rather than for functionality purposes. I despise the gym factor the most, especially the dredmill because it does not truly simulate running (at least not in the way of truly pushing off the ground with forward momentum). Also, there is little sense for me in men gawking at spandex while trying to bulk up on machines, so I prefer to head outdoors and do body weight movements to improve my strength and agility for my activities (push ups, pull ups, crunches, burpees). What I also hate is nutrition. Again, don't get me wrong, I do maintain healthy eating habits in order to properly fuel my body for the activities I want to engage in, but what I do despise are all the trendy vegan paleo diets out there. I personally do not think eating oriental white chia seeds will help improve anything that eating good ole fruits & vegetables and lean meats will. Yes, I am aware of all the nutritional arguments out there and my rebuttal is 26.2. You see, I can careless about fitness & nutritional trends much less what everyone else is doing. I simply crank out 13+ miles on a mountainside for my own enjoyment and not because it is good for me to exercise. I eat properly not because it is good for me, but because it fuels my body to help me engage in such activities. You see, for me it is just a lifestyle with the sole purpose of going out and enjoying life to the fullest on my own terms. Thats it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment