Saturday, October 26, 2013

I Hate Facebook

I hate Facebook. In my observations I have discovered people are basically wasting their lives away in it's glowing blue light. People vicariously live their lives thumbing through insignificant posts of another who is enjoying their chili cheese fries while watching their kid blow milk bubbles out their nose. Now thats what I call living it up! So I recently asked a Facebook user what life adventure they aspire to engage in at some point of their life. They mentioned about going to see the Grand Canyon and other similar type activities, which are awesome in their own rite, but they were all hopeful contingencies that may or may not ever transpire. Then they asked in return what adventures I would like to engage in. My response? I am living my adventure right now! I have ditched Facebook altogether by closing my account in exchange for a life adventure away from the couch. My current life adventure is running through mountain ranges in preparation for Spartan Racing (www.spartanrace.com). The experience of running along rock ledges is incomparable to that of living life from the couch. The mountaintop views are far better than any of those from the couch, even if they are in HD, and it is far more exhilarating rounding a bend in the woods and literally coming face to face with a deer than it is to read another post about what someone else is watching on TV. Basically, life is just way too short to waste on Facebook and my life adventure is now. Therefore I dare not waste. 


No comments:

Post a Comment