Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I Wish

The other day someone remarked to me they wished their life was as exciting as mine. This statement caused me to stop and ponder this for a bit. You know, I find a lot of people nowadays living their lives based on those words. I wish I had more money. I wish I was happily married. I wish I could travel more. I wish I had a better job. I wish, I wish, I wish. It appears to me people are wastefully wishing their lives away by unknowingly wanting to live the life of another. What most people need to realize is that life is ours for the taking. Eleanor Roosevelt once expressed, “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” There is nothing limiting anyone of us from experiencing life here on planet earth. There are tons of examples I can share on how I embraced my life experiences that make it extraordinary in the eyes of another, but it really boils down to how I view life through my own eyes. Each moment is life unfolding right before me so I have learned to embrace each experience and person as they come. I curiously lurk around through life wondering where it might lead me and often take an unknown pathway just to see where it may lead; this in it of itself can be rather exciting. My suggestion is to go out and enjoy your life while making good memories to share with others along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment