Friday, August 30, 2013

Couch to 5K

It's really kind of funny for someone who has ran a marathon to join a local Couch to 5K program, and that is exactly what I had done! Yeah, I'm posing as an undercover couch potato secretly trying to get individuals hooked on running. I arrive at the weekly meetings down at the track trying to down play my innate instinct to get out there and run. I admit that I struggle walking for a few minutes before having to restrain myself to a mere jog for a few more minutes before reverting back to a walk while all along convincing people that "we" can do this. As the weeks roll on by I believe the coach has caught onto me and the others suspect I have ran before this murderous endeavor of getting up off the coach and running. At this point we are too far along into the program for any of this to matter because I have encouraged several individuals that they can indeed do this and in fact they are. Mission completed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment